Saturday, October 22, 2011

Days 1-4

Ok, so I am playing catch-up with my posts, here goes.
Before I could start the Elimination Diet, I had to wean myself off of caffeine as I was used to having 2 cups every morning. I cut back to one cup for a few days then a 1/2 cup for a few days, and then 1/4 cup for two days. But by the first day of the elimination diet I was on day 4 of no caffeine at all. I had a slight headache Wednesday and Thursday, like a 2-3 on a scale of 1-10, but it was manageable.

Here is the menu for the last four days

Wednesday breakfast:
Oatmeal with berries, flavored with a little cinnamon, vanilla and stevia

Quinoa with Garbanzos

Mid-morning snack:
Apple slices with almond butter

Lunch:
Curried garbanzos with butternut squash

Afternoon snack:
Hummus with carrot, celery and zucchini slices

Dinner:
Organic chicken with quinoa, roasted eggplant, zucchini and garbanzos

After dinner snack:
Granola with pecans

Organic granola that works on
the Elimination Diet
Thursday breakfast: Oatmeal with berries, flavored with a little cinnamon, vanilla and stevia & Rice Protein shake made with frozen organic berries, coconut milk and flax seed oil

Mid-morning snack:
Hummus with carrot, celery and zucchini slices
Apple slices with almond butter


Lunch:
Organic chicken with roasted onion and tomatoes and quinoa
Rice cake with almond butter
Yummy Pumpkin Bar

Dinner:
Lamb chops with black rice and salad with currants and pine nuts

After dinner snack:
Apple with almond butter

Friday breakfast:
Rice Protein shake made with frozen organic berries, coconut milk and flax seed oil

Mid-morning snack:
Apple slices with almond butter

Lunch:
Chicken Tinga over greens and Marsala garbanzos with chard and zucchini

Dinner:
Lamb chops with black rice and salad with currants and pine nuts

Snack of Granola, Pecans,
and Apple

After dinner snack:
Pistachios

Saturday breakfast:
Rice Protein shake made with fresh berries, coconut milk and flax seed oil

Leftover quinoa, black rice, eggplant and garbanzos
Mid-morning snack:
Rice cake with almond butter and raspberries (fresh organic from the farmers market this morning...mmmm)

Lunch:
Chicken Tinga wrap with hummus and greens

Afternoon snack:
Raw pumpkin seed bar

Dinner:
Pumpkin stuffed with yak, mushrooms and quinoa. Served with kidney beans and pan fried cabbage and onions

I have been drinking lots of water, sometimes with lemon. Also, I have had herbal teas throughout the day.

I felt a little tired, sluggish, and sore these last few days, although today was better than the previous days. I have to say that I miss sipping on wine and eating dark chocolate in the evenings. Tea and nuts have been my substitute for this.

No comments: