Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adding Corn Back

So it’s been 3 weeks of digestive rest from the common allergens and I feel great! But now it is time to add one food back at a time and observe for any symptoms. We chose to do corn first.

black beans and roasted corn 

Lunch: black beans with roasted corn and red chile with corn tortilla chips on the side

polenta

Snack : pan fried polenta with onion, garlic and mushroom

chicken enchilladas

Dinner : Chicken enchiladas with green sauce, fried green tomatoes and black beans with roasted corn

After dinner snack: Popcorn

I am unsure if I had a reaction or not. I had to blow my nose after I ate. Was that due to the spice or the corn?? Also, the next morning when I did sprints, I was phlemier than usual, I had to clear my throat a lot. So, I think I will retest corn again at the end of the diet and see if I get a similar reaction.

No comments: