Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Finishing Out The Second Week—Days 13 & 14

I am feeling pretty good now. For about a week I wasn’t constipated but I wasn’t having as consistent BMs (bowel movements) as I usually do. Anyway, everything is finally back on track. I also have more energy now than I have since I started. And my workouts are becoming more vigorous again.

Day 13 Menu:

Protein Shake, leftovers throughout the day, and for dinner Ryan made some pasture raised chicken legs with mustard, onion and garlic and a salad. And I made some quinoa, with onion, garlic, cilantro and some Garam Marsala spices. Today I also made Pumpkin Oatmeal and I think it turned out rather well. It makes a good snack with some tea.

Pumpkin Oatmeal

  • 16 oz can organic pumpkin
  • 2 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 1/2 cup water, let sit 5 minutes
  • 2 Tbsp brown rice syrup or agave (or more if sweeter taste desired)
  • 2 cups gluten free oats
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • zest of 1 lemon (optional)

Mix together the above ingredients and spread into an oiled 9” by 11” pan and top with granola. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min.

pumpkin oatmeal

Day 14 Menu:

  • Breakfast: Protein shake and pumpkin oatmeal
  • Snack: Cashew Cookie Larabar,
  • Lunch: Black eyed peas with quinoa and chicken
  • Dinner: PIZZA!!! With marinara sauce, olive spread, grilled eggplant, garlic and onion. And I added hummus to mine. We also made beans in organic chicken broth with rainbow chard and black rice with avocado.

Pizza Pizza dinner

No comments: